Services for Researchers
SERVICES FOR RESEARCHERS
The Research Computing program mission is to improve research activities in all majors. For this purpose software and hardware infrastructures have been provided and based on that, Research Computing is now offering the following services to the researchers on campus: The BigDog High Performance Computing Cluster (HPCC), XSEDE resource allocations, networked storage capabilities, consultant services, the Kuali Coeus project, technical support, and grant writing assistance.
Below are general guidelines for establishing service request priorities for IT Research Computing.
- Reqests that benefit multiple parts of the University, such as BigDog. On Bigdog, Parallel and distributed projects over sequential projects.
- Requests for areas that have grant income, with priority to those areas with higher grant income.
- Requests related to obtaining more grant income, with priority to requests directly related to this over requests indirectly related to this.
- Existing research projects over new projects, and older projects over newer projects.
- Requests related to existing resources over requests for new resources.
- Requests for free software over requests for commercial software.
- Requests concerning on-campus projects vs off-campus projects.
To request a service of IT Research Computing, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.