Installing FileZilla FTP Client
(Windows/MAC/Linux) - FileZilla is an open source FTP client that is free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License. SalukiTech use FileZilla and recommend it to others because it is:
- Easy to use
- Drag & drop support
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
- and several other features...
If you plan to use Mypage, upload files to or from a FTP server, or connect to your own webhost then give FileZilla a try. Read on to find out where to get FileZilla, how to install it, and how to use it.
1. Download Filezilla from http://filezilla-project.org/. Save the file where it can be easily found. Double click the file and click run.
3. This screen is where you can choose who may access the program. Choose Anyone who uses the computer or Only for me and click "Next".
4. Check all or none of the extra components you wish to install with Filezilla and click "Next". (Recommended to leave all checked)
5. Choose which location in your computer you would like to save this file to, and click "Next".
6. Here you can select the start menu folder the program will be located or you can make a folder for it. Click "Install".
7. Click "Finish". You have now completed the installation process.