- I need INB (Banner) access. Where do I start?
Start by reviewing our eLearning pages for INB. Before requesting access to INB, you must complete Unit 1: Banner Overview and Unit 2: Banner 101 - General Person Navigation. Make sure you complete the "Wrap It Up" section at the end of each unit. This lets us know you have completed the Unit(s) and are eligible for INB access.
- How do I request access to INB?
Please use our Security Request System and choose Banner as the module you would like to request. The link of the Security Request System can be found in the Quicklinks section on the right.
- What ID and password do I use for INB?
Your INB username will be your SIU + Dawgtag ID (example: SIU850000000). The password is a unique password that INB uses.
- Are there any INB password best practices I should know?
- Must be a minimum of 16 characters and a maximum of 30 characters
- Can, but does not have to, use mixed case, numbers, or special characters
- May be in the form of a passphrase, e.g. "Ihave3Terrierd0gs!"
- Special characters not allowed: @$&(),<>`;=# and a space
- Password expires every 365 days
- I have forgotten my password. How do I get reset my password?
You can reset your own password by going to the Quicklinks section on the right and clicking on Reset INB Password. This will take you to a new page where you will use your Network ID and password to log on to get a temporary password emailed to you. (This temporary password is only used for the first successful login. Once you are logged in, you will be asked to reset your password to something you can remember.)
- When I try to start INB, I get a Security Warning message that says "The applications digital signature has an error. Do you want to run the application?"
Click Run. If you do not want to see this message every time you start INB, click on "Always trust content from this publisher" checkbox.
- Is there any special plug-ins that needs to be installed to run INB?
Yes, you will need at least Java plug-in version 1.6.x. If you do not have this installed on your PC, you will be asked to download and install. Please try to keep your java plug-in up to date with the latest version.
- Will pop-up blockers interfere with INB?
Yes, it is likely that pop-up blockers may interfere with running INB as there are pop-up windows. If you encounter difficulties, please add *.siu.edu to your list of allowed sites.
- There are two web browser sessions open when I run INB. Are both sessions required?
Yes. Both windows should have the title "Oracle Fusion Middleware forms Services". One is a web browser that should be blank. The other window should be your INB forms. If you close the browser that is blank, it will close both windows.
- I typed in the correct form name but the form does not open. Why?
Not all forms are available to all users. You must have the correct security privileges to view certain forms.
- Can I access INB from home or off campus?
Yes, but you must first login to Juniper VPN. Once you are logged in, you will have access to INB.
- Is INB available 24/7?
INB is accessible only between the hours of 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Sunday.