Come join us at the security day presentations
This year SIU kicks off National Cyber Security Awareness Month with our own Security Day (half day session). We have a team of experts from Proofpoint, a trusted security vendor to SIU, presenting a dynamic session on cyber security issues. This presentation is based on their work with government and educational organizations across the country.
- October 3rd
- October 10th
- October 17th
- October 24th
- October 31st
Location: Morris Rm 752/754
Presenter: Richard Smith
Topic: Cyber Security 101
Prevention and Response Viruses
- What are they?
- How do I prevent them?
- How do I respond after infection?
- How do I prevent scams from impacting me?
- What happens after I click the bad link?
- Hacked Accounts & Social Engineering
- Why would anyone want to hack me?
- How do I lessen the chances? How to respond if compromised
Continue the Discussion
- Where do I go from here?
If you missed the presentation, you can still listen to it on YouTube.
You may also view a PDF version of the presentation.