Mac OS X
MAC VPN SETUP
This page describes how to install and configure Cisco AnyConnect on Mac/OS clients. Cisco allows you to securely sign into your VPN connection. Before installing Cisco, make sure you have completed the VPN request process and have approval for VPN access.
- Setting Up VPN
- Signing into VPN
This process should be performed on the machine you will be using remotely (at home) to access your University work machine.
1. Download the Cisco AnyConnect client installer from here: Cisco VPN - AnyConnect Installer. You will need to sign-in using your SIU Network ID (SIU85XXXXXXX) and password to access the download file.
2. Open the .dmg file you downloaded by double-clicking on the file in the download location (or wherever you chose to save the downloaded file).
3. You should now see the Mac OS X Anyconnect installer .pkg file. Double-click this file to begin the installation process.
4. You should be presented with the Install AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client installer window. Click Continue.
5. You will be taken to the Software License Agreement page. Click Continue.
6. In order to continue the installation, you must agree to the terms of the license agreement. Click Agree.
7. You will be given the option to Change Install Location. Normally the default install location is fine. Click Install.
8. You will need to authenticate with administrative privileges in order for the installation to continue. Enter your local administrative account information and click Install Software.
9. Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client will install and when finished, you should see a screen similar to the following.
10. Click Close to complete the installation process.