WINDOWS VPN SETUP
This page describes how to install and configure Cisco AnyConnect on Windows clients. Cisco allows you to securely sign into your VPN connection. Before installing Cisco, make sure you have completed the VPN request process and have approval for VPN access.
- Setting Up VPN
- Signing into VPN
This process should be performed on the machine you will be using remotely (at home) to access your University work machine.
1. Download the Cisco AnyConnect client installer for Windows from here: Cisco VPN - AnyConnect Installer. You will need to sign-in using your SIU Network ID (SIU85XXXXXXX) and password to access the download file.
2. Find the Cisco AnyConnect file in your Downloads folder (or wherever you chose to save the downloaded file).
3. Double-click the file to run the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Setup Wizard. A window simliar to the one below, should open.
4. Click Next. You should be taken to a screen similiar to the one below, asking you to accept the EULA:
5. Click the radio button next to I accept the terms in the License Agreement to Accept. Then, click Next. You should be taken to an installation screen which resembles the following:
6. Click Install to begin the installation process. Once the process is finished, you will see a screen similar to the one below.
7. Click Finish to complete the installation process.