Network ID Help
- Claim your Network ID
- Reset Your Password
- Recover your Password
- Update your Information
Claiming your Network ID
1. In your browser, go to netid.siu.edu.
2. Click on the "New user? Claim your Network ID" link.
3. If you do not know your Dawg Tag, click the "Dawg Tag Lookup" link in the lower left hand corner.
4. Enter the appropriate information in the following fields:
- Legal First Name: enter your legal first name
- Legal Last Name: enter your legal last name
- Birth Date: enter your birthday in the mm/dd/yyyy format
- Dawg Tag: enter your Dawg Tag number, do not include the leading "SIU" (i.e., 85XXXXXXX)
5. Click the "Captcha" box to indicate you are not a robot.
6. After you have read the "Acceptable Use Standard" information, click on the "Accept" button to continue the process.
7. In the section "User Details," click the "Next" button.
8. Enter the answers to each secret question in both the "Answer for Question" and the "Re-type Your Answer for Question" fields.
9. Click the "Submit" button to save your answers.
10. You may view your current answers to the secret questions by clicking the "Show Answers" button.
11. In the “Update personal information” section enter a non-SIU email address and a Recovery Mobile” number to have a PIN sent to for any occasion that you might have forgotten your password.
12. You will need to confirm the contact information provided is accurate. A unique PIN will be sent to each method of contact.
13. Enter the unique PINs in the appropriate fields.
14. Click the "Validate" button.
15. Click the "Close" button to continue to the next step.
16. Craft your new password following the "Password Rules."
17. Enter your new password in the New PAssword and Re-type Password fields.
18. Click the "Reset Password" button.
19. Once the process is complete, it will return you to the initial screen.