Banner 101 - General Person Navigation is a series of education tutorials available for users who access INB. This unit has been developed to help you become familiar with basic query and search methods that will assist you in locating general student information.
Most of the tutorials are five to ten minutes in length and can be completed at your convenience. It is recommended that you view the tutorials in the order listed; they may be repeated as often as necessary.
When you have completed all of the eLearning material, click on the "Wrap it Up" link at the bottom of the page, to verify completion of the materials. Important: If you have problems with the "Wrap it Up" section, contact us via e-mail: email@example.com to report your problem.
General Objectives: At the end of this unit in basic INB usage, the student should:
- Understand common terminology.
- Remember basic procedures for locating a person using the SOAIDEN form.
- Remember facts relative to the SPAIDEN form.
- Know procedures for using the GUIALTI form.
- Understand principles relative to searches & queries.
- Apply relevant principles.
Begin by clicking on the link for Module 1: Finding a Person Overview. Upon completion of the Module 1 overview, click on each of the Learning Cycle links within Module 1. Upon completion of the last Learning Cycle in Module 1, proceed to Module 2: Frequently Used Forms Overview and then each of the Learning Cycles with Module 2.
Important: SIU implemented an Identity Management System (IDM); your Network ID/Username is now SIU850000000. These tutorials were created prior to the implementation of IDM; as a result, the Network IDs/Usernames in these tutorials will reflect the previous syntax, e.g., cthies, jcapie, etc. Please keep this in mind as you view the tutorials.
Module 1: Finding a Person Overview
- Learning Cycle 1: ID & Name Search (SOAIDEN)
- Learning Cycle 2: ID & Extended Name Search
- Learning Cycle 3: Alternate ID Serach (GUIALTI)
Module 2: Frequently Used Forms Overview
- Learning Cycle 1: SPAIDEN - Current & Alternate ID Tabs
- Learning Cycle 2: SPAIDEN - Address, Phone, Bio, E-Mail, Emerg Contact
Request access to INB by clicking on Security Request System