Guest Wireless Instructions
To obtain the Guest Wireless Network password, please contact SalukiTech at 618-453-5155.
Guest Wireless Policy
Guest Wireless Procedures
- The “SIU-Guest” wireless network is not for students, faculty, or staff use.
- Students, faculty, and staff should use the “SIU-indoor” wireless network.
- Some campus resources may be unavailable on the “SIU-Guest” network.
Instructions for “SIU-Guest” wireless network:
- Make sure that Wi-Fi is enabled on the system
- Left click on the wireless icon:
- Use the Network Sharing icon in the bottom right corner for Windows Vista, 7, and 8.
- Use the Airport Utility icon on Mac OSX in the top right corner.
- For iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad:
i. Tap on “Settings” from home screen
ii. Select “Wi-Fi” on the left side
- For Android mobile devices:
i. Tap on “Settings” from Apps.
ii. Tap on “Wi-Fi”
- Check to see if “SIU-Guest” is available in the area. If the network isn't in the list of available wireless networks, it will not be possible to connect.
- Click on “SIU-Guest” wireless network that is shown in the available networks.
- Enter the shared Guest password provided by SalukiTech or an area representative.
- In a few seconds, the device should obtain an IP address and show full Internet access.
- Please open a web browser and go to “siu.edu.” The web page should load without any problems.
- Authorized users of the “SIU-Guest” wireless network can obtain assistance from the SalukiTech help desk at 618-453-5155 or email@example.com.