Mac OSX eduroam Setup
The preferred way of setting up the eduroam SSID on any operating system is the Xpress Connect Configuration Utility that can be found at oit.siu.edu/wireless/xpc. The utility sets up the SSID automatically with little input from you.
This is the steps taken to manually set up the eduroam profile for wireless connectivity. The below instructions are done on Mac OSX 10.11 El Capitan previous versions may vary.
Connect to the eduroam Wireless Network
1. Select System Preferences. (Dock Icon or Apple Logo drop-down box.)
2. Select Network.
3. Check that WiFi is selected in side window.
4. Under Network Name:
- Select eduroam from drop-down menu.
- If eduroam does not show up within the drop-down menu, click Join Other Network. and select eduroam from the list, then continue to step 5.
5. Enter your SIU Dawg Tag and Password.
6. Click OK.
- Enter your SIU Dawg Tag in the following format: email@example.com.
- You will receive an Error if @siu.edu is not included.
- If OS X asks you to enter your computer password to authenticate a security certificate, it may seem to work then shake as if your password was wrong. Simply exit out afterwards and you should connect. If you continue to have issues, contact the SalukiTech help desk.
7. You are now connected to eduroam wireless network.
Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
If you are unable to connect to eduroam, there are a couple of known issues that may be causing the problem. See the following information for potential solutions:
- Did you Recently Upgrade your Mac to El Capitan?
- If you have recently upgraded to El Capitan and are having issues, view the following website:
- Are you having System Performance Problems?
- If your device is behaving strangely, check for these indicators at the following website:
Referenced from: Apple