Eduroam Android Setup
The preferred way of setting up the eduroam SSID on any operating system is the Xpress Connect Configuration Utility that can be found at oit.siu.edu/wireless/xpc. The utility sets up the SSID automatically with little input from you.
The following instructions are for configuring the Southern Illinois University eduroam service for Android 5.0 (Lollipop), as provided on Samsung Galaxy S5 phones. Other devices and Android versions may have slightly different screen layouts or settings and steps. Older versions of Android may have.
Before you begin, please ensure:
Please follow these steps:
1. From the home screen go to the Apps menu:
2. Find and tap on the Setting Application(you may have to swipe several pages to the right to find):
3. Tap Wifi from the list:
4. From the Wi-Fi screen it will display a list of available networks. Tap eduroam:
5. You will be prompted to sign in to the wireless network. The following sub steps will show you how to set this up.
a. The EAP Method: should be pre selected as PEAP.
b. The Phase-2 authentication needs to be changed to MSCHAPV2
c. CA Certificate stays as unspecified.
d. Identity is your SIU Dawg Tag: (eg SIU85XXXXXXX@siu.edu)
e. Password is your SIU85XXXXXXX password. (eg The one you log in to your email with)
6. You should now be connected to eduroam network. This can be confirmed by the WiFi configuration menu:
7. Press the Home key underneath the screen to exit Settings and return to the main screen.