Eduroam Windows Mobile Devices
The preferred way of setting up the eduroam SSID on any operating system is the Xpress Connect Configuration Utility that can be found at oit.siu.edu/wireless/xpc. The utility sets up the SSID automatically with little input from you.
The following instructions are for configuring the Southern Illinois University eduroam service for Windows Phone 8.1.
Before you begin, please ensure:
Please follow these steps:
- From any screen, swipe your finger down from the top of the screen:
- The notification panel will open. From the panel tap All Settings:
- The Settings menu will open. From the system tab, tap WiFi:
- The WiFi configuration menu will open. From the Available WiFi networks section, select eduroam:
If you do not see eduroam listed, please move to a location where eduroam is available. If you are unsure, please speak to your local IT support staff, or visit the UIS Service Desk locations, where WiFi is available.
- You will be prompted to sign in to the wireless network. Enter your credentials as shown below and tap done when complete:
- Connect using: username+password (this should be the default)
- Username: SIU Dawg Tag [SIU85XXXXXXX@siu.edu]
- Password: SIU Password (the password you use to login to your email)
- Show password: (you can tick this if you wish to check the password is entered correctly: it will have no effect on the eventual configuration)
- Server certification validation: always ask me (the default)
- EAP method: PEAP MS-CHAP v2 (the default)
- You will be prompted to accept a certificate. Check the details match those shown before tapping accept. If they do not match, tap cancel and speak to your IT support staff - do NOT proceed further:
- Issued to: US, IL, Carbondale, Southern Illinois University, Information Technology/Network Engineering
- Issued by: Incommon RSA Server CA
- You should now be connected to the eduroam network and this confirmed by the WiFi configuration menu:
- Press the Windows key underneath the screen to return to the main screen of your phone.