The Office of Information Technology at Southern Illinois University Carbondale assists students, faculty and staff accomplish academic goals, conduct exceptional research, and strive to meet our University mission through the strategic use of technology.
- Core Values
To be an essential and valued technology partner for Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
To provide technology leadership and guidance to Southern Illinois University Carbondale in direct support of teaching, learning, research, and organizational needs. At our core, we offer university clients perspectives and guidance on technology solutions, information security, and continuous improvement through technology. We also work daily to achieve high-quality, practical solutions through cost-effective design, development, and application of information technology. Fundamentally we challenge ourselves to provide excellent service, deliver professional results, and engage and work with colleagues within and beyond the campus to foster key partnerships. Strategically we work in support of the university mission and strive to be an essential contributor to the success of Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
- Exceed customer expectations through our professionalism, courtesy, and reliability.
- Collaborate with the university community to meet the technology needs of faculty, students, and staff.
- Deliver a cost-effective, comprehensive, and intuitive computing infrastructure.
- Lead and guide university stakeholders in the effective and informed use of technology.
- Provide thorough planning, in-depth analysis, and proactive problem solving in the pursuit of quality learning, teaching, and research.
- Create, communicate, and implement rational funding models for technology initiatives and services.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and vendors to provide best-practice technology solutions.
- Vet, provide, and support resources for secure administrative data.
- Standardize, maintain, and expand access to institutional data.
- Attract and retain qualified technology professionals.
- Promote professional development of our technology staff.