Using the Oracle Reports Feature (Windows Only)
Once installed, OracleReports appears as a menu option in your MS Word menu. It is available whenever you are in MS Word. Use it to assist you in AIS reporting; as follows:
1. Submit and view your report in AIS as always. Run your report and select "View Output". AIS will launch MS Word and display your report as a MS Word document.
2. On the MS Word menu, a new option, "OracleReports", will appear. Click on OracleReports to activate the add-in.
3. You will have the following options; select the one that best meets your needs:
- LandscapeNormal: maintain current font size; reorient to landscape
- LandscapeCompress: reduce font size slightly; landscape
- LandscapeUltra: reduce font size to the smallest possible; landscape
- PortraitNormal: maintain current font size; reorient to portrait
- PortraitCompress: reduce font size slightly; portrait
- PortraitUltra: reduce font size to the smallest possible; portrait
4. As before, view, print, or save your report within MS Word.
Installation of OracleReports: OracleReports is an add-in to MS Word. To install it, you must be able to add files to your set-up of the MS Word program (that is, have "read/ write" access to the program's start up directory). This is always the case when your copy of MS Word is installed on your computer's hard drive. If your MS Word is installed on a networked server, please ask your network staff to assist you in the installation. NOTE: Oracle report macros are not supported for Mac.
To install OracleReports, please do the following:
- Verify the presence of MS Word; make sure that the software is correctly installed and functioning.
- Save the OracleReports file (MS Word - Oracle Format.dot) to the MS Word starting directory.
For Example: C:\Users\SIU85XXXXXXX\AppData\RoamingMicrosoft\Word\STARTUP
Note: Insert your dawg tag in place of the SIU85XXXXXXX