U11 Time Entry
Unit 11: HRMS Time Entry & Summary Reporting
Unit 11 contains information for departments on campus to begin Payroll time entry into AIS Production for bi-weekly civl service staff and students.
Fiscal Officers or Fiscal Officer Delegates
Beginning April 15, 2015 current Fiscal Officers and Fiscal Officer Delegates having fiscal authority in AIS Production were automatically assigned the SIU HRMS Fiscal Officer Time Entry responsibility. The responsibility will appear on the Main Menu for use, if needed.
After April 15, 2015 when new Fiscal Officers or Fiscal Officer Delegates initially complete the AIS User Form to request fiscal authority in AIS Production, the time entry responsibility, SIU HRMS Fiscal Officer Time Entry, will be automatically assigned.
The Fiscal Officer or Fiscal Officer Delegate can use the responsibility to enter time against his/her Budget Purposes in AIS Production for bi-weekly civil service staff and/or students. If the Fiscal Officer or Fiscal Officer Delegate chooses not to enter time, then he/she can select a Timekeeper to enter time for him/her.
- If you are a Fiscal Officer or Fiscal Officer Delegate wishing to get started with time entry, click HERE for instructions.
- Fiscal Officers and Fiscal Officer Delegates wishing to select a timekeeper or enter time in to AIS Production should complete the training modules identified in the self-directed training section below.
A timekeeper is an employee selected by a Fiscal Officer or Fiscal Officer Delegate to enter time in to AIS Production for a specific Budget Purpose(s).
- If you are going to be a Timekeeper, entering time electronically in to AIS Production, click HERE for instructions to get started.
- Timekeepers selected to enter time in to AIS Production must complete the training modules identified in the self-directed training section below with the oversight of the FO Delegate or an experienced timekeeper.
If you have questions or problems, please review our FAQs document before contacting Payroll or Accounting Services.
To begin, click Introduction & Sign On to review the basic concepts and performance steps for time entry.
There are four self-directed training modules for time entry. Fiscal Officers or Fiscal Officer Delegates wishing to learn how to setup a Timekeeper in AIS Production should complete Module 1: Selecting Timekeeper Overview, in addition to Learning Cycles 1 and 2 for that module.
Fiscal Officers or Fiscal Officer Delegates or Timekeepers wishing to learn how to enter time into AIS Production for bi-weekly civil service staff and/or students are required to complete Modules 2 through 4 in the order listed below; repeat as often as necessary.
For a copy of the content presented in each module, a "Printable Version" link is provided in the tutorials.
Module 1: Selecting Timekeeper Overview
Module 2: SIU Staff Time Entry Overview
Module 3: SIU Student Time Entry Overview
- Learning Cycle 1: Querying using the Student Time Entry Form
- Learning Cycle 2: Entering Hours
- Learning Cycle 3: Entering Terminated or Inactive Status for Students (PDF)
Module 4: Reporting Overview
Your Opinion Counts
- We would appreciate feedback on the self-directed training for Unit 11. Please email any suggestions or comments to email@example.com